THE HUB'S MISSION IS TO SUPPORT AND STRENGTHEN OUR LOCAL FOOD SYSTEM.
We do this through five different programs:
- A commercial community kitchen for rent to value-added producers, and co-packing offered by the Hub.
- Farm support through outsourced staffing, affordable rentals of frozen, cold, and dry storage.
- A food distribution network that expands market access for farmers by delivering direct to consumers, restaurants, grocers and institutions looking to buy local food.
- A local market, gathering spot, and event space.
- Serving low-access and LMI communities by aggregating and delivering the highest quality, local food at a discount of up to 65% while ensuring farmers get paid in full.
Opportunities for growth include:
- Adding a large-scale cold storage and distribution center to improve aggregation and distribution networks.
- Adding a creamery and dairy processing to our commercial kitchen.
- Offering additional support to local farms such as marketing and promotion.
- Educational and training programs for food system partners and consumers, alike.